Next time you’re out for a walk, you can practise chatting with your child about the things they see.
Decide something to look out for, then see who can spot the most. You can try:
- How many red cars can you see?
- How many buses can you see?
- How many traffic lights are there?
- How many dogs can you spot?
- How many squirrels are in the park?
This game helps your child pay attention to their surroundings and practise counting. These skills will be useful when they start school.
Good to know
This activity gives you lots of opportunities to introduce objects in a fun and relaxed way. It helps with colour recognition, numbers and counting